Every month, about 9 out of 10 American children visit a McDonald's restaurant.
1. It is a known fact that chocolate has caffeine in it. But did you know that you would have to eat more then a dozen chocolate bars to get the same amount of caffeine from a cup of coffee? There are about 5 to 10 mg's of caffeine in one ounce of bitter chocolate, 5 mgs in milk chocolate, and 10mgs in a six-ounce cup of cocoa.
2. Chocolate is actually a valuable energy source. A single chocolate chip can provide enough energy for an adult human to walk 150 ft.
3. Chocolate has great health benefits. It helps with depression, high blood pressure, Tumors and Pre-menstrual syndromes.
4. Chocolate does not cause or aggravate acne, this is a myth.
5. One ounce of baking chocolate or cocoa contains 10% of the daily recommended intake of iron.
6. Chocolate can be deadly for dogs. Chocolate contains an ingredient called "Theobromine" which can be toxic to a dogs central nervous system and cardiac muscles.
7. People spend more than $7 billion dollars a year on chocolate.
8. The per capita consumption of chocolate indicates that each person consumes 12 pounds of chocolate each year.
9. Milk Chocolate is the most preferred type of chocolate, however dark chocolate is especially popular among men.
10. Research has shown that allowing chocolate to melt in your mouth produced brain and heart rate activity that was simliar to - and even stronger than - that produced with passionate kissing.
11. Chocolate is associated with the release of serotonin, the hormone that makes you feel relaxed, calm, and happy.
12. Quality dark chocolate contains flavonoids which help reduced the risk of heart disease.
13. The largest box of chocolates contained 90,090 Frango mint chocolates and weighed 3,3226 lbs! It was made by Marshall Field's of Chicago on November 14, 2002.
14. Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate.
15. Chocolate makers use 40% of the world's almonds and 20% of the world's peanuts.
16. The word Chocolate comes from the Aztec word xocolatl, meaning, bitter water.
More Food Facts
Do you know that Ice Cream is chinese food?
Isn't it amazing?
Botanically speaking, tomato is a fruit. There are more than 10,000 varieties of tomatoes.