Sadly, Dave was born without ears, and though he proved to be successful in business, his problem annoyed him greatly. One day he needed to hire a new manager for his company, so he set up three interviews.
The first guy was great. He knew everything he needed to know and was very interesting. But at the end of the interview, Dave asked him, "Do you notice anything different about me?"
"Why, yes, I couldn't help but notice that you have no ears," came the reply. Dave did not appreciate his candor and threw him out of the office.
The second interview was with a woman, and she was even better than the first guy. But he asked her the same question: "Do you notice anything different about me?"
"Well," she said stammering, "you have no ears." Dave again got upset and chucked her out in a rage. The third and final interviewee was the best of the bunch, he was a young man who had recently earned his MBA. He was smart.
He was handsome, and he seemed to be a better businessman than the first two put together. Dave was anxious, but went ahead and asked the young man the same question:
"Do you notice anything different about me?"
Much to his surprise, the young man answered, "Yes, you wear contact lenses, don't you?"
Dave was shocked and realized this was an incredibly observant person. "How in the world did you know that?", he asked.
The young man fell off his chair laughing and replied, "Well, it's pretty hard to wear glasses with no f***ing ears."
More Office Jokes
A programmer is someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had in a way you don't understand.
An auditor is someone who arrives after the battle and bayonets all the wounded.
A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday did not happen today.
A statistician is someone who is good with numbers but lacks the personality to be an accountant.
An actuary is someone who brings a fake bomb on a plane, because that decreases the chances that there will be another bomb on the plane.
A lawyer is a person who writes a 10,000-word document and calls it a "brief."
A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.
A consultant is someone who takes the watch off your wrist and tells you the time.
You have two cows. You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows.
The milk rights of the six cows are transferred via an intermediary to a Cayman Island company secretly owned by your CFO who sells the rights to all seven cows back to your listed company. The annual report says the company owns eight cows, with an option on six more.
Now do you see why a company with $62 billion in assets is declaring bankruptcy?
You know you're living in the 2010's when: -
1. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
2. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
3. You e-mail your mate who works at the desk next to you.
4. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they do not have e-mail addresses.
5. When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner.
6. When you make phone calls from home, you accidentally insert a "0" to get an outside line.
7. Your CV is on a disk in your pocket.
8. Your biggest loss from a system crash was when you lost all of your
9. Your supervisor doesn't have the ability to do your job.
10. Contractors outnumber permanent staff and are more likely to get long-service awards.
11. Board members salaries are higher than all the Third World countries annual budgets combined.
12. Free food left over from meetings is your staple diet.
13. There's no money in the budget for the five permanent staff your department desperately needs, but they can afford four full-time management consultants advising your boss's boss on strategy.
AND THE CLINCHERS ARE...
14. You read this entire list, and kept nodding and smiling.
15. As you read this list, you think about forwarding it to your "friends"